Joel Robison



His images are so impeccably crafted and his imagination seems just endless.



Where are you from and how did you get in to photography?

Well, my name is Joel Robison and I live in Cranbrook, British Columbia, in Canada. It's a small town in the Rocky Mountains. I first started to get into photography about 4 years ago, I had stumbled across Flickr and saw a few people doing different projects and I thought it was a fun hobby to try out. I've been active on Flickr ever since!


What are your tools of the trade?

Well, I use a Canon Xti which is an older model but it does the trick! I mainly use a 50mm 1.8 lens. I also have a lightweight tripod and a wireless remote. I use Photoshop to edit my images.



Do you often change a lot of the original photo in Photoshop?


It really depends on the image itself, sometimes I just play with the tones and contrast a bit but other times I create a lot of additions like lighting, props, and textures.




Do you think you have an original style that is you own?

Um, I don't think I do, but other people have told me that I do. I think that I use a lot of the same techniques like multiple objects close to the edge to create DOF, but I don't know if that's original style or not :)


                                     fuente: alexandracameronphotography.blogspot.com






I currently work in a high school

I love coffee, running marathons, music, and photography!

My favourite photographers include Annie Liebowitz, Tim Walker, and Rodney Smith

In my spare time I enjoy photography and creating conceptual based images. This hobby has allowed me the opportunity to experience new places and new things and I'm excited at where it will take me in the future.

You can purchase prints at my Etsy shop here: www.etsy.com/shop/boywonder



































--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------